Will the Ute Tent fit on my ute?
Refer to our guide here to check the models we have tested out. The Ute Tent has quite a-lot of slack to allow the tent to fit a variety of Utes. The slack is adjusted by tightening the straps at the wheel base.
Can one-person set-up a Ute Tent by themselves? How long will it take? Yes. One person is able to set up a Ute Tent, however we do recommend having assistance during the first set-up. The first set-up should take approximately 15 minutes and about 10 minutes each time thereafter. Each tent comes with set-up instructions for easy assembly.
Can I drive with the Ute Tent set-up on the tray of my ute?
No. Driving with the tent mounted to your vehicle may cause personal injury and/or damage to your tent and ute.
Can you fit a tent over a bed toolbox?
Yes. We recommend placing the tent over the toolbox to minimize the amount of water that could enter between the box and the tent. It is also recommended to cover the corners of the toolbox to protect the tent from ripping on sharp edges. Please note that you will lose the amount of space that the toolbox occupies.
Will the tent fit with a tonneau cover? Our Truck Tents will work with certain types of tonneau covers only; they are not compatible with all. Please see the list below for specifics:
- Retractable Tonneau Covers: Yes, these will work.
- Folding Tonneau Covers: Will NOT work; the tonneau cover will need to be removed.
- Hinged Tonneau Covers: Will NOT work; the tonneau cover will need to be removed.
- Roll-Up Tonneau Covers:
- If the rolled-up tonneau cover is less than 6” high, yes you can place the truck tent over the tonneau cover.
- If the rolled-up tonneau cover is more than 6” high, you will have to either remove the tonneau cover completely or place the truck tent up against the tonneau cover. If the tent is placed up against it, please note that rain could find its way between the truck tent and tonneau cover since there will be a slight gap between the two.
Will the tent fit with a ute bed liner?
Yes. The tent will work with a sprayed, mat, or prefabricated liner.
Will the tent fit with sports bars, roll bars, or bedside rails?
Railings will work as long as they are less than 3” tall. Roll and sports bars must be removed.
Will the Ute Tent work if my truck has a camper shell/cap on it? No. Truck Tents will not work as long as the camper shell/cap is assembled.
How can I make sure that my tent is the most water resistant that it can be?
Our tents already have a water-resistant coating on them. However, the coating may wear down over time and you may want to spray a water repellent coating onto the tent and rainfly after a few years of use.
Do I need to use a seam sealer on my tent?
A seam sealer is not necessary. Our rainflies and truck tent floors have taped seams to guard against water entry. For additional protection and product maintenance, you may wish to use a seam sealant on your tent. Please note that water drops through the needle holes along the seams is common with all tents and is not a manufacturer’s defect.